North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) has launched an Expressions of Interest process to attract individuals with relevant expertise and experience to join a Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Clinical Expert Panel.
The panel will provide clinical advice and input on the design and monitoring of mental health and drug & alcohol treatment services commissioned by the NCPHN.
It will work collaboratively with the NCPHN’s Clinical Councils, NCPHN Community Advisory Committees, mental health collaboratives (IMHpact MNC and Northern NSW Mental Health Integration Action Group) and consumer groups to support the consistent delivery of clinically safe, evidence based treatment.
Meetings will be held bi-monthly with tele/video conferencing available.
In the first instance, and wherever possible, panel membership will be sought from local experts.
Panel members must have expertise in at least one of these areas:
- Expertise (at a NSW or National recognised level) in clinical care for people with mental illness and/or substance misuse
- Expertise in Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs within a General Practice setting
- Familiarity with current evidence-based practice and national guidelines for clinical governance and best practice in Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol treatment services
- Understanding of culturally safe services to Aboriginal people
- Expertise in consumer/carer experience of mental health and/or substance misuse in the Mid North and/or Northern NSW
Panel responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development/refinement of robust Clinical Governance arrangements including policies and procedures appropriate for a commissioner that support safety, quality and risk management
- Providing advice and input on the implementation of stepped care including the implementation of decision support tools, step-up and step-down processes, and service matching tools for different steps of care
- Supporting development of guidelines for new service models
- Clinical advice and input on commissioned services, including making recommendations on the development and monitoring of clinical specifications and KPIs for contracted services.