Medicine graduates from the University of Wollongong’s Byron/Ballina hub celebrated at their Graduation Ball on 29 November 2014. Their local clinical placements were coordinated by the University Centre for Rural Health North Coast (UCRH).
The clinics where they undertook their supervised placements are shown in brackets.
Left to right:
- Dr Andrew Binns (GP)
- Alexandra Henry (North Coast Medical Centre)
- Michelle Durst (Prema House Family Medical)
- Ingrid Elvy (Holdsworth House Medical Practice)
- Dr Jane Barker (Regional Academic Leader, University of Wollongong/UCRH)
- David Glendinning (Goonellabah Medical Centre)
- Corinne Watson (Holdsworth House Medical Practice)
- Gabrielle Legendre (Lennox Head Medical Practice)
- Flora Zigterman (Placement Facilitator, University of Wollongong/UCRH)
- Ben Armstrong (Bullinah AMS)
- Haddi Hughes (Bangalow Medical Centre).
The students spent 12 months in the Northern Rivers, with two days a week at a local General Practice and the rest of their time at local hospitals and the teaching program at UCRH.
Three of the graduate doctors have returned to the region for their internship - Alexandra Henry and David Glendinning at Lismore Base Hospital, and Corinne Watson at The Tweed Hospital.